Considering a home security system is kind of like shopping for smoke detectors or a fire ladder for multi-story home; they are smart purchases but are also items you hope you never actually need to use. For this reason, many homeowners neglect to take the time to seriously weigh their options and consider a home security system to protect their peace of mind, home, belongings, and the people they love. We decided to make the decision simple by laying out both the pros and cons of residential security systems.
- A monitored alarm system immediately dispatches the appropriate emergency personnel (police or fire department) to your home in the event of an emergency. So, you can focus on your family’s safety instead of worrying about calling the emergency line.
- 88% of burglaries are residential, and alarm systems often effectively deter would-be burglars from choosing your home. Homes without alarm systems are two to three times more likely to be robbed.
- You can have peace of mind when you are away from home, knowing that someone is monitoring your home for break-ins or fire.
- 86% percent of burglaries occur when the residents are at home. With a professional security system, the authorities will be notified of the break-in immediately.
- Security systems only work when you remember to set the alarms. If you fall asleep without locking up, your alarm system will do you no good in the event of a break-in.
- Similarly, you will need to learn how to use your alarm. Roughly 54% of homeowners do not know how to operate their alarm systems. With a professional installation, however, you can have an expert teach you and always have assistance just a phone call away.
- City ordinances and laws vary from place to place, but some will charge a fine when police are needlessly dispatched for false alarms.
- Security companies do not monitor alarm systems for free. Homeowners, however, stand to save up to 20% on insurance policies after installing alarms, and in 2008, the average loss due to a burglary rang in at $2,079.
Residential Security Systems from Arpel Security Systems
When it comes to having a home security system, the pros definitely outweigh the cons. To ensure you and your family fully enjoy the protection and peace of mind that comes with residential security systems, we recommend having yours professionally installed. At Arpel Security Systems, our home security experts will help you identify all of your home’s potential weak points and recommend a complete system to secure your home, your family, and your peace of mind. For more information about the benefits of having a professionally installed state of the art smart home security system, we encourage you to contact a security expert at Arpel Security Systems right away.