Home security systems are investments, but they tend to be an investment that many homeowners put off because they think it is not worth the cost. While it is true that home security systems in Greater and Lower Mainland Vancouver cost money, not installing one could end up costing you a lot more.
Reasons to Get a Home Security System
- A home security system protects your valuables.
- Home security systems may deter crime not only for your home but the entire neighborhood.
- You can access your home remotely – putting you in control of not only your security but home comfort and smart automation systems too. This will improve the energy-efficiency of your home.
- You may be able to lower your homeowner’s insurance premium.
- You can keep an eye on your kids while you are at work.
- You can go on vacation or just leave the house for a few hours knowing your home is protected.
What to Look for When Shopping for Residential Security Services in Greater and Lower Mainland Vancouver
Not all home security companies are created the same. When comparing home security services, there are a few things you will want to consider:
- Monitoring – You want a service that comes with 24/7 local in-person monitoring. After all, an alarm system is only as good as the people watching over it.
- Estimates – You want a company that can provide you with a free estimate for your security service. Because every home is unique, the installation costs could be higher or lower based on your property’s attributes. A free estimate would help you get a more accurate picture of how much your home’s system will cost.
- Fire and Carbon Monoxide – The two deadliest and most common devastations to a home are fire and carbon monoxide. A security company that integrates these into their home security system is important so that you can deter natural hazards as much as burglaries.
- Video – Today, home security systems can come with video monitoring. This allows you to check in on the kids while you are at work, make sure the family pets are doing okay, monitor a senior who is home alone, and just keep an eye on your house.
- Flood Detection – Not all <ahref=” Http: www.arpel.com=” flood”=”>home security systems in Greater and Lower Mainland Vancouver offer this, but it is an extremely valuable service. Whether it is a leaking pipe, flooding basement or an overflowing toilet, your home security system can alert you when flooding water is detected so that you can remedy the situation before the damage becomes extensive.
Finding all of the features and prices you want is not enough. You need to work with a home security company that has a reputation for excellence and years of experience. Arpel Security Systems is the Greater and Lower Mainland Vancouver’s premier home security company. With more than 40 years of experience, we can create a residential security system that gives you peace of mind.
To learn more about residential security in the Greater or Lower Mainland Vancouver or to get a free estimate for your home, call us at 1-866-303-2632. You can also contact us online with your questions.